KDE4 Control Center confusing

genericmaillists at gmail.com genericmaillists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 02:02:49 GMT 2009

The control center in KDE4 is confusing and limited compared to KDE3.5.

Setting up device PNP actions was relatively straight forward and easy to
figure out in KDE3.5 but that does not seem to be so in KDE4.

When I put a movie DVD in the CD/DVD-ROM drive I get five available actions.
One of those actions is Open with File Manager.
When I put a music CD in the CD/DVD-ROM drive I get three available actions.
The Open with File Manager or Play with Amarok is not in the list to choose.

Looking in the control center under device actions left me stumped trying to
figure out how to change that so I can choose Open with File Manager.

Clicking on Help did not make it clear either.

Is there any documentation available that does explain this so a person new
(not new to KDE or Linux) to the KDE4 environment can learn how to do this?