Keylogging in KDE

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 14:29:31 GMT 2009

> Hi Dotan,
>
> | Is there a way to log keystrokes in KDE? I am especially interested
> | in catching modified keystrokes (alt-* and ctrl-*), such as those
> | used to activate shortcuts. Thanks.
>
> I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but "xev" logs
> all X events.  I'm not sure if it allows the logging of only
> keyboard events.
>
> Regards,
> Ryo

Thanks, Ryo. Xev does not fit what I need. I find that when using my
laptop's built in keyboard I am activating shortcuts that I did not
mean to activate and I do not know what keyboard combination did it
(as it was not intentional). Therefore I need something running in the
background that say "you hit this: XXX". This sounds like a job for a
hardware keylogger, alas, they don't work on the builtin laptop
keyboard!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com