No tooltips on panel or desktop widgets

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Oct 21 21:04:52 BST 2009

Dotan Cohen posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2009 17:20:54 +0200 as excerpted:

>> It's in Task Manager settings
>>

> How about the tooltips on plasmoid hoverover, that says the name of the
> plasmoid? This panel doesn't even have a task manager!

I don't know that all of them can be turned off, and don't believe this
is the specific one you're asking about, but did you find the one in "the
application formerly known as kcontrol", look&feel, appearance, windows
(applet), buttons (tab), show window button tooltips (checkbox)?

I think various apps and kde elements control their own tooltips, so
there's no centralized location to toggle them.  I don't know that it's
even possible to turn them all off, but I like them on in general, which
they tend to be by default, so wouldn't be as likely to know as someone
who prefers them off.