A double-layered panel in KDE4

Samiur Rahman sam965 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 04:26:19 BST 2009

I see that KDE4 has lost the panel found in KDE3 that could hold two
layers of minimized windows. It's certainly convenient to hold more
minimized windows in the panel without them shrinking horizontally.
The buttons also seem large when they fill up the whole vertical space
of the KDE panel.

I saw the feature in screenshots of KDE 4.2 beta 2, the version in
which a number of features from KDE3 returned to the KDE4 panel.
http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.2-beta2.php
However in the final release, it was supposedly removed and I don't
see it in any future screenshots. I don't use KDE4, partly for that
reason, so I don't know if the feature is available as an option, but
it would be great to have it so if not returned as the default panel
in KDE4.

Many thanks,

Sam