Scrollbars hard to see

spir denis.spir at free.fr
Sun Nov 29 18:24:28 GMT 2009

Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> dixit:

> In KDE 4.3.2 I have a very hard time seeing the scrollbar and I cannot
> find out how to change it's appearance in System Settings.
> Specifically, there does not seem to be a way to change the scrollbar
> colour. However, the Klearlooks theme does have a coloured bar, so I
> assume that it is possible to configure. How?

I changed _all_ colors to create a completely custom theme. As a consequence, I discovered that scroll bars use the color set to buttons (Actually, all "terminal" (non-container) widgets seem to use the color set to buttons. At least, on my system.)

Highjacking the thread ;-), I take the opportunity to ask about tab colors. On my system, for any reason I am unable to guess, unactive tabs have a more intense color than active ones. Indeed I want the opposite! but cannot find which color tabs use.
Visually speaking, inactive tabs have a color that looks slightly lighter than buttons, while active ones have a color slightly lighter than window background.
Hints welcome, thank you.
By the way, I have also a problem with progress bars (eg in package managers): fore- and back- ground colors beeing nearly identical.

As a general remark, current kde color settings system is far, far, too big & complicated.

Denis