Is there a howto on essentials.

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Wed Nov 18 16:11:20 GMT 2009

On 11/18/2009 Draciron Smith wrote:
>  I apologize as I usually lurk in a list for a bit before speaking up
>  but I'm in rather dire straits.  I'm a long time KDE user, been using
>  it probably since there was a KDE.  I know at least since RH 6 or 7 I
>  think I've been using KDE that far back.  I've been a fanatical KDE
>  user and advocate. KDE I feel has innovated and created the best UI
>  yet designed, at least until 4.  Now I have a machine that is
>  realistically crippled. It's like being forced to use Gnome or Windoze
>  or something horrible like that.
<snip>

Drac, don't take any of this personal. It's kind of a cumulative
assessment of what I, as a relative newbie, see on many lists and threads.

Most of the people I see grousing the most are those that have been
around the longest. They have gotten "set" in their ways. KDE4 is, from
my limited time with KDE3, a major change. Some things from before work
and many won't because of the fundamental change behind them. As I
understand it it's the foundation that KDE stands on that made the
change completely necessary. It kind of happend before the product was
ready, but there wasn't a huge choice.  [ Yeah, Yeah, I know - someone
has ported KDE3 to...... - ] The older programs were getting left behind.

I think the biggest problem is that no one wants change. They want the
same ol' same ol', but different. People get used to doing something one
way and when that way doesn't work any more they get all upset.

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,

Sent with Thunderbird on my Kubuntu Linux Desktop