How do I get kdialog to be used by thunderbird?

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Sat Nov 14 22:19:17 GMT 2009

I have looked everywhere. I'd like to be able to save files by using kdialog
in thunderbird and firefox instead of using the gtk file picker.

Inside thunderbird I have the ability to set
ui.allow_platform_file_picker

to true but if I do it uses the ugly builtin picker. False gets me to the gtk
file picker. Is there a way to speciffy this in kde somehow? Or is this a
thunderbird/firefox problem?

I'm running kde-4.3.2.

TIA

steveo at syslang.net