Ripping CDs

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 2 09:07:08 GMT 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 01 November 2009 22:29:15 James Tyrer wrote:
>> You totally missed my point which is that I need to documentation to
>> configure my system.
>>
> No configuration is required to make this work, so I assume that it is some
> change you have already made to your system that is stopping it working.

HAL and D-Bus will not run without configuration.  I think that you will
find that if you remove: "/etc/dbus-1" & "/etc/hal" that this feature,
as well as some other things, will no longer work.

The problem is in all probability not one of commission, but one of
omission.  This probably doesn't work because of something that I need
to add to my system.  IAC, the question remains: what is necessary for
the "audiocd" KIOslave to work -- where is the documentation for that?

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch