can't switch off virtual display switch applet

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Fri May 22 07:54:00 BST 2009

> You can configure this in SystemSettings -> Desktop -> Desktop
> Effects -> All Effects.

Thanks.  However, my configuration has disabled all desktop effects.

> It is at the Bottom of the list. All the ones with something switch
> in the name.

Hehe, like me you apparently don't use English as the KDE environment
language :-)

Even if I activate desktop effects, and all effects related to virtual
desktop switching are disabled, I get this nasty critter.

Looks like a bug...  Sigh.

    Werner