Info List view on KDE 4.2.2? (Fedora 10)

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu May 7 21:19:36 BST 2009

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> I am running the KDE 4.2.2 that ships with Fedora 10.  My question is,
> is there an "Info List View" in Konqueror like Branch 3.5 KDE has had
> for quite a while?  Here is a screenshot from my machine that runs KDE
> 3.5.9:
> http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/InfoListView-001.jpg

Sorry to telly you that the answer is no.  You need to revise your
question.  There is only going to be one list view.  So, what you want
is to have more options as to the information that you have to choose to
list.

> On a similar note, is there a way to enable a "Meta Info" tab in the
> "Right Click | Properties" window?:
> http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/MetaInfoTab-001.jpg

Sorry to telly you that the answer is no.  I don't think so.  This
information is displayed in the "Information Panel".  The problem is
that I don't see any way to open it when using Konqueror.  However, it
works fine in Dolphin.

> In closing, is there a "Previews & Meta-Data" configuration page?  Like
> this one from KDE 3.5.9?:
> http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/PreviewsAndMetaDataConfiguration-001.jpg

No, that was to configure KFM and KDE-4 doesn't have KFM.

> If none of the above are currently a part of KDE 4.2.2, please let me
> know the exact component/sub-component that I would file a RFE
> against.  Also, please let me know if the features I am enquring about
> are available in the current stable branch of KDE 4 or in KDE Trunk.

This should be "Dolphin Part".

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch