KDE 4.2.1 Apps Toolbar (Text frayed-out)

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Mar 31 01:39:19 BST 2009

Jay Mistry wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 1:31 PM, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:
>
>> Jay Mistry wrote:
>>> On most KDE 4 (eg Gwenview/KDE4, KSysGuard) applications, the toolbar
>>> (toolbar + icons) has the text cut-off (see the image of KSysGuard)
>>> attached or at link below [1]).
>>>
>> Not sure how they are "cut-off" since I can't really tell from the JPEG
>> images. �It is best to use a PNG image when you want a problem diagnosed.
>>
>> --
>> JRT
>
> Have uploaded 2 more images ([1]) (.png) that show the cut-off icons
> from Dolphin and Gwenview toolbars. They are at higher resolution, so
> it should be seen on these.

This appears to be a bug.  However, I think that if you choose a font
other than Helvetica that the problem will go away.  Would you please
try this?

I think that the problem is that you only have bitmapped Helvetica
installed.  This works correctly on my system where I have the DPI set
to 100.  However, it is probable that it might not work correctly if you
have a DPI other than 100 or 75.

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch