KDE 4.2.1 Apps Toolbar (Text frayed-out)

Rajko M. rmatov101 at charter.net
Mon Mar 30 17:35:52 BST 2009

On Monday 30 March 2009 09:44:15 am Randy Kramer wrote:
> On Monday 30 March 2009 04:01:10 am James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > Not sure how they are "cut-off" since I can't really tell from the
> > JPEG images.  It is best to use a PNG image when you want a problem
> > diagnosed.
>
> In what way can't JPEG images show the same things a PNG image would
> show?

Hi Randy,

It is problem with artifacts that high compressed jpeg creates when viewed.

The solution is to use higher quality ratio with jpeg, or use png which is
lossless format.

I prefer first, as it gives smaller files and good images with 85%  quality
(GIMP).

The problem of the image file size for upload is better addressed by either:
1) cropping image to the part that shows problem, and using either format. The
disadvantage is requirement to learn how to use some image manipulation
program. Not everyone has time to do that.
2) using Ksnapshot ability to take snapshot of any part of the screen that is
selected. This way png isn't too large.

--
Regards, Rajko