KDE 4.2.1 Apps Toolbar (Text frayed-out)

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Mon Mar 30 17:13:06 BST 2009

In <200903301044.15769.rhkramer at gmail.com>, Randy Kramer wrote:
>On Monday 30 March 2009 04:01:10 am James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Not sure how they are "cut-off" since I can't really tell from the
>> JPEG images.  It is best to use a PNG image when you want a problem
>> diagnosed.
>
>In what way can't JPEG images show the same things a PNG image would
>show?

JPEG uses lossy compression.  This causes the image not to *exactly* match
what is in the screen, which may be very important for diagnosis.  When
submitting a screenshot for analysis, you should use some loss-less format.

PNG uses loss-less compression.
bss at iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))