[kde] KDE 4.2.1 Apps Toolbar (Text frayed-out)

Jay Mistry jaylinux53 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:41:19 BST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Jay Mistry <jaylinux53 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 1:31 PM, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:
>
>> Jay Mistry wrote:

>>> On most KDE 4 (eg Gwenview/KDE4, KSysGuard) applications, the toolbar
>>> (toolbar + icons) has the text cut-off (see the image of KSysGuard)
>>> attached or at link below [1]).
>>>
>> Not sure how they are "cut-off" since I can't really tell from the JPEG
>> images.  It is best to use a PNG image when you want a problem diagnosed.
>>
>> --
>> JRT
>
> Have uploaded 2 more images ([1] & [2]) (.png) that show the cut-off icons
> from Dolphin and Gwenview toolbars. They are at higher resolution, so
> it should be seen on these.

Correction: It is the _text_ under the icons that is cut-off (as
mentioned in the OP).
(Pl see the 2 images [1] & [2], after clicking on the (+) handle on
the image to zoom-in)

> Try
> making the Toolbar and Small fonts use a smaller one.  The screenshot is
> slightly blurred, but that looks like a 9 - which is quick big.

> Anne

Tried changing the font size (for Toolbars) from 9 to 8, but that also
does not help.

Jay

[1] http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6421/kde421dolphintoolbarico.png
[2] http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/267/kde521gwenviewtoolbaric.png

--
Linux User 483705  (openSUSE 11.1, Fedora 10)