Yet another post of KDE 4.2 impressions

Peter Lewis lewisp at avex.co.uk
Sat Mar 28 14:59:51 GMT 2009

On Saturday 28 Mar 2009 Christian Henz sent:

> Hi.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I upgraded from 3.5 to 4.2 and would like to share
> some points that bothered me/keep bothering me.

<snip>

> Audio:
> ------
> (Note: This might be a problem of the distribution)
> There are messages on startup that my audio device does not work. Sound
> still works in KDE applications, but Flash player in Firefox has problems.
> Often Youtube videos etc. will stop playing with sound at some point, and
> Firefox usually hangs itself shortly after that. Probably not KDE's fault,
> but it used to work before upgrading...

I had real problems with Flash/Firefox audio opensuse 11.1 system on 4.1.3
until I installed gstreamer.
After that it worked. Maybe this was because of gstreamer itself or because of
some package that installed along with it, who can say, but if you do not have
gstreamer installed, try it.

<snip>

--
Kind regards,