KDE 4 (yes, again...): what features are you using?

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Thu Mar 26 22:06:21 GMT 2009

In <gqgtgs$qbt$1 at ger.gmane.org>, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>> I don't *want* extra space on that panel.  I want it to resize itself to
>> be exactly the height (it is a vertical panel) of the launcher widget,
>> the quickstart widgets, (all of which are fixed size), and the systray
>> widget, which should be just large enough to hold all my systray icons.
>>
>> The panel should shrink and grow as I either (a) add/remove quickluanch
>> widgets or (b) start/shutdown programs that use the system tray.
>This sounds pretty explicitly like a bug. Have you reported it to b.k.o
>and/or panel-devel yet?

Nope.  I just worked around it.

Yes, I know I'm not helping when I do that.

I have at least two (more) bugs to file against KDE 4.2.1 that probably
could have been fixed if I would have reported them when I first saw them in
KDE 4.2.0:
  * http://devilspanties.keenspot.com/ crashes konq.  It's a bit irregular,
and seems related to flash.  Maybe Debian-specific.
  * Konq/Kleo/KMail won't import my private CA's cert correctly.  Broken in
both oS and Debian.

I'll try and do better in the future.
bss at iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))