A few words about the Quality of KDE 4.2

Rajko M. rmatov101 at charter.net
Mon Mar 23 03:23:48 GMT 2009

On Sunday 22 March 2009 08:49:30 pm Jerry Houston wrote:
> I love the ideas behind Linux, and particularly KDE on Linux, but out of
> frustration I find myself returning to professionally-produced operating
> systems for the most part.
>
> It may not be the answer for everyone, but it helps keep my blood
> pressure under control.

There are things that are easy in windows, and for some reason, they are
complicated in Linux, like file sharing. Problem is that KDE can do only what
underlaying system allows. For instance Samba, even today I got to fiddle
with config files, add users etc, while in other OS, just mark folder as
shared.

Times are changing, maybe there will be more configuration tools that don't
require command line, ie. days of reading and learning before one can
configure something, but until that time Linux will be geek toy and KDE will
share its destiny.

--
Regards, Rajko