A few words about the Quality of KDE 4.2

Samuel Kage s.kage at gmx.de
Sun Mar 22 14:10:48 GMT 2009

>Oh lord, does this thread ever die?

I really hope it wont't die until Kde is competitive to Windows and Mac Os X
in terms of quality!

> KDE is great software.

I completely agree with you!
I feel misunderstood if you think you have to tell me that.

> The way to fix the bugs in OSS is to get people to
> work on things they don't want to and aren't sexy...like bugs. If you
> can't, you hire people to do the un-sexy work. Since KDE can't do that, the
> situation will remain as it is, I would imagine.

If I read the reponses in this thread I imagine the same. Sadly!
I dont' know why it is so hard for some people to be honest to themself and
see that Kde is really great but has just to many bugs.
I've seen many people trying out linux, but resigning because of things that
just don't work. For sure its no option for them to write bug reports and wait
until it is fixed. So the only logical consequence to attract users is to make
sure, that when a software is released, there is no need to write bug reports
because ALL main things just work.
And you can't tell me that it is not possible with opensource software. Take a
look at the kernel for example. Absolutely stable for me. And that for years.
That's why I'm sure its not because of the kernel that Linux only has 1%
market share