KDE4 font corruption.

Bob Stia rnr at sanctum.com
Fri Mar 20 01:53:36 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 March 2009 05:36:41 am paulo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > rg with the details you can copy to make your synaptics work.
> > Are you willing to build parts of KDE 3 to get knetworkmanager running?
> > You will need kdelibs-3.5.10 and knetworkmanager. It is not too
> > difficult. I can send you my build scripts and you just download the
> > packages themselves if you're interested.
>
> well isn't it a bad idea to install kde3 packages together with kde4? Or
> is it completely safe and it wont mess up the system.
> Using emerge (from gentoo) this things wants to remove kdelibs4 to
> install kdelibs3

Yes, I think it is a very bad idea. Although some apps work across versions at
orher times you get horrible conflicts and unexpected results. At least it
used to and don't see any reason that is still not true.

I keep them completely separate. KDE3 on SuSE 10.3 and KDE4 on SuSE 11.1.
YMMV of course. My opinion.

Bob S