kde4 font size (huge fonts)

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Thu Mar 19 19:28:04 GMT 2009

On 2009/03/20 03:43 (GMT) paulo composed:

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> All I can see is your 120 has larger fonts than your 96, and only the former
>> would be usable for me if what I see is actually life size. If I knew your
>> actual display dimensions and resolution I might be able to understand what
>> "too big" means to you.

> Ok, ok. What I ment is that I wanted my applications to look as they did
> on the official screenshots from trolltech.
> If you care about my screen size it's 12".1 diagonal as you might of
> gessed from the previous posts

> On 03/19/2009 01:21 AM, paulo wrote:
>> (2.54 (cm/in) * 1280) / 26.2 cm  = 124.09dpi
> 226.2/2.54 ~= 10" width.

That was yesterday, which I already deleted, and I forgot I saw it.

Anyway, on a display that size, 10pt @ 120 DPI would be too small for me, and
10 @ 96 would be like trying to read a newspaper from ~200cm away instead of
~60cm.
--
"The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely
as haste leads to poverty."	Proverbs 21:5 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/