kde4 font size (huge fonts)

paulo paulo.jnkml at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 01:54:37 GMT 2009

Hi,
> The real solution is to simply use smaller font sizes.  Is there a
> reason you can't do that?

well, actually yes. The minimum font size is 6, and I that was what I
was using. 6 was equivalent to I would say ~10. (before this "fix")
Moreover, I can see something is wrong when the preview font size is
different from the rendered size (compiz emerald theme manager vs actual
window titles after clicking ok).

Well, now it all looks ok, so I'm not bothering much, but I sent a
conflict somewhere.
I would say it's compiz fault.

I think kde will try to replace some of the compiz eye candy with its
own right?
Maybe soon there will be no need for compiz on kde.

Besides I don't like the fact that I need to do:
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.compiz
/org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/hsize org.freedesktop.compiz.set
int32:1
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.compiz
/org/freedesktop/compiz/core/screen0/hsize org.freedesktop.compiz.set
int32:4
every time I start a session, just to get the pager to work correctly
after compiz starts.

paulo