KMail rebuild index

Attila GOLONCSER agoloncser at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:19:54 GMT 2009

Hi!

If you see nothing in the message body or header, I think you've lost
it. Look for the file in your folders, and you'll see an empty file.
This is because your index gets damaged somehow, and I do not know
why, but because of the damaged index some of your file can be purged.
I've had the same error some time ago (see 'strange data loss in
kmail' thread). This bug is still not solved, until KMail gets the
database backend.

So in this case you have two options:
1. do backups,
2. use another mailer (that was my choice :)).

Regards,

Attila