kde4 networkmanager (applet ) frontend and wireless connections

paulo paulo.jnkml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:55:47 GMT 2009

Hi,

can anyone tell me how to connect to a wireless network on kde4? (as in
frontend for networkmanager or similar)

I used to use knetworkmanager, but now the closest thing that I could
find was networkmanager-applet, and it doesn't work.
It only allows the creation of vpn, if you change an option it will
crash the taskbar, and still wont apply the changes.

tried to check this blog,
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/blog/57
but couldn't find any real useful information.

I tried WiCD, no luck, it just stays in an infinite wait trying to log
in to the network.

any ideas?