tiny icons in quicklaunch

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Mar 12 14:59:12 GMT 2009

Rick Miles wrote:
> I am trialing Slackwware eith KDE-4.2.1 and qt-4.5-rc1 on a spare
> partition and it appears that quicklaunch is barely visible with icons
> that appear more like dots than icons. An other widget installed to
> panel appears and works just fine.
>

> I have tried googling this but I only found one related link for arch
> linux with exactly the same problem but no solution.
>

> Has anyone come across this behaviour and how did you remedy it?
>

> --
> Cheers,
>

> Rick Miles
>

> Written on Sweetmorn, the 71st of Chaos, 3175
> http://turtlespond.net
> http://rickmiles.com.au

I had the same behavior after the last updates in Kubuntu 8.10/KDE4.2.1
[ I don't know the QT version ]. The settings for number of columns and
number of icons in the Quick Launch settings doesn't work any longer either.

The only thing I have found is that with only three applications the
icons are normal size [ actually a bit larger than before ]. Any more
than that and they become fly specks. Right now I only have my three
most often used applications there.

--

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.