[4.2.0] Notifications aren't working

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Thu Mar 5 23:20:51 GMT 2009

David wrote:
> On Jueves 05 Marzo 2009 21:26:40 Nikos Chantziaras escribió:
>> I don't know what "x11-libs-4.4.2" is.  Are you sure you're talking
>> about Gentoo?  There's so such package nor dependency here.
>>
>> If with "x11-libs-4.4.2" you mean Qt, then the only dependency is Qt:4
>> (that is, any version will do.)  Remember that Gentoo doesn't ship
>> binaries.  When you install it, it's linked against the Qt version that
>> is installed on your system, and in my case, that was Qt 4.5.0.
>
> Yes I am a gentoo user, and I mispelled =x11-libs/qt-4.5.0 hehe
> On the other hand I forgot to add some qt package to package.keywords, my
> fault hehe, thx anyway, I am compiling it

Make sure you have those keyworded:

   x11-libs/qt-assistant
   x11-libs/qt-core
   x11-libs/qt-dbus
   x11-libs/qt-gui
   x11-libs/qt-opengl
   x11-libs/qt-phonon
   x11-libs/qt-qt3support
   x11-libs/qt-script
   x11-libs/qt-sql
   x11-libs/qt-svg
   x11-libs/qt-test
   x11-libs/qt-webkit
   x11-libs/qt-xmlpatterns

It's best to rebuild every package that depends on them, including KDE.

To get a list of installed packages that depend on qt-gui:4, use:

   equery -q -C depends x11-libs/qt-gui:4

It's not mandatory to rebuild them, but still recommended.