Nepomuk/Strigi filled my disk

Jay Mistry jaylinux53 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 08:08:23 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Foolishly I allowed indexing of a remote data disk, and now I find that my
> local disk is dangerously full.  I tried 'du -x / | sort -n' to find where the
> big file is, without success.  On the 3rd February I had 1.9G free in /home -
> now it is 195MB.  What do I look for to reclaim this space?  Thanks
>
> Anne

Check using KdIrStat (I have ver 2.4.4 that works on KDE 4.2.1- though
it says "using KDE 3.5.9. I have KDE 3.5.9 with it's KDE3 Base also
installed), else you can use FileLight
(http://www.methylblue.com/filelight/) to check what files take up how
much space.

Ncurses equivalent is ncdu (http://dev.yorhel.nl/ncdu/).

Also, it may help to check your log file directories....I quote from
this thread from openSUSE Forums:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2009-02/msg02348.html.
Though you may use a different flavor of Linux, this may be relevant
to your version also.

HTH

Jay
--