Okular settings

Rajko M. rmatov101 at charter.net
Thu Mar 5 03:47:28 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 04 March 2009 01:36:49 pm ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com wrote:

> For me the problem is
> mainly with PDFs created with open office. They all get the title "My
> default template" so all my opened PDF's show the same window title "My
> default template"!

Well. That is probably not completely Okular problem.
It reads document title from pdf file, it doesn't use file name, so it is to
correct, but it should be configurable to avoid this problem.

I found this in pdf file:
</Title<FEFF005200650063006F006D006D0065006E00
64006100740069006F006E0020006F0066002000610020
00530074007200610074006500670079> ...

Where all after "</Title<FEFF" is UTF-8 hexdump of the string:
Recommendation of a Strategy

That is set by OpenOffice and that is the name of used template.
I don't know much about OpenOffice, so I got to look around and there is the
way to change document title.

Open document that you want to change.
Open document properties dialog in File > Properties.
Second tab Description will let you change Title and 3 other fields.

Have a fun.

--
Regards, Rajko