kdeprint in kde 4

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Mar 4 18:57:32 GMT 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 March 2009 17:13:11 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Rick Miles wrote:
>>> My printers are networked
>> Sorry but I don't have a network.  Do I understand correctly that
>> your networked printers are setup correctly in CUPS but that they
>> don't show up in the Qt print dialog widget?  That would be a Qt
>> bug.  Do you have Qt-4.4.3 installed?  This is the newest version
>> that will work with KDE-4.2.
>
> It's only a bug if others have the same problem.

No, it is a bug if it is reproducible.  Not exactly the same thing.

> What checks have been made? Has it been discussed on the distro
> mailing lists?  What versions of distro and packages are involved?
> Did Rick check the CUPS configuration, as was suggested to him?

Well, he said that he could print with non-kde applications.

> Please don't jump to conclusions.  Information gathering is the first
> step in problem solving.

No jumping conclusions here:

If:

1.	His printers are correctly setup in CUPS.

2.	He has Qt-4.4.3 installed.

3.	His printers are listed in: /etc/printcap.

4.	He can't print to the printers.

Then, he should report a bug.

TIA for now.

--