transparent panel and KDM colour

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Mon Jun 15 21:37:52 BST 2009

On Tuesday 16 June 2009 01:00:31 am Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 15 June 2009 00:40:34 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > Anne Wilson wrote:
> > >
> > > If you can install the Naked or Bare Naked theme, you have transparent
> > > panels and also transparent toolboxes on widgets.  I loved them - but
> > > this distro doesn't seem to have them, and so far I haven't found them
> > > on kde-look.
> >
> > http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Naked?content=93331
> >
> > http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php/Bare+Naked?content=97930
>
> Thanks, James.  I confess I had only made one short-ish effort at finding
> them, then put it on my to-do list.
>
> I've downloaded them now, but then what?  They are .tar.gz files, so have
> to be extracted, but to where?  There is no readme file, and the first 20
> google returns haven't helped.
>
> Anne

I haven't loaded the Naked theme yet but I believe they may fly like that, if not
untar them. First try going to the relevant settings interface and doing the
other place thing where you select another directory if it doesn't want to do
anything  with the tarball try pointing to the directory created when you untar
the theme. My first thought based on hazy recollection is that things like
splashes and themes are untarred by kde and put somewhere where it can find it
when it needs it.

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Written on Boomtime, the 21st of Confusion, 3175
http://turtlespond.net
http://rickmiles.com.au