Closing abandoned bugs

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Jun 15 00:44:54 BST 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> While triaging bugs for KDE, I come across lots of crashers that are
> marked NEEDSINFO then abandoned. I propose that someone (me?) post a
> reminder to the OP that more info is needed after one month's time,
> and if there is still no response then to close the bug as invalid
> after yet another month. Ideas?

Yes, I have long advocated this.  However, I would also send a personal
email to the original reporter and then if no reply in a reasonable
time, close it as WONTFIX or WFM depending on the reply.  Some of these
bugs may still be valid, but if they are not reproduce able, there is no
way to fix them.  The personal email should explain that to the original
reporter.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch