transparent panel and KDM colour

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Sun Jun 14 00:32:20 BST 2009

On 06/14/2009 02:16 AM, Rick Miles wrote:
> On Sunday 14 June 2009 08:45:48 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> On 06/14/2009 12:44 AM, Rick Miles wrote:
>>> Has anyone come across a way to make the panel transparent yet.
>>> Alternatively, is there a theme anyone knows of that will accomplish
>>> this?
>> The panel is transparent by default.  Since true transparency is used,
>> you need composite enabled ("Desktop Effects" in System Settings.)
>>
> Exactly where is that setting? I've gone to  System Settings>  Desktop>  Desktop
> Effects and see four tabs General, Screen Edges, All Effects and Advanced. In All
> Effects there is a translucency but there is nothing mentioned about composite
> enabled.

If dektop effects is enabled, then the panel is transparent unless you
selected a plasma theme that isn't.  You can test by moving a window
behind the panel (note that with "panel" I assume you mean the taskbar).
  You should be able to still see it behind the panel.

If it's not transparent enough, I don't know of a way to increase the
transparency level.