KDE 3.5 Automounting Question

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Thu Jun 11 04:48:58 BST 2009

On 06/11/2009 01:25 AM, Clint Dilks wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to work out how to do something I thought would be quite
> simple, specifically how to modify KDE 3.5 so that it mounts CD's /
> DVD's with exec permission.  Some initial research suggests that in
> order to do this I actually have to write a custom udev rule.  Is this
> correct or am I missing something obvious?

You are missing something obvious probably.  When something gets
automounted, an icon appears on the desktop.  Right click that icon.
There should be options to set mount options (they stick to future
automounts.)  I don't remember exactly where those options are; I
haven't used KDE 3 in a while now.  They're probably hidden in some
"Advanced" dialog.