KDE 4.0

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Jun 11 03:02:45 BST 2009

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 06/10/2009 07:33 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
>>> What do you mean? Plasma most certainly is part of KDE, in fact
>>> it is one of the basic, most important components of the KDE
>>> desktop.
>> Then why doesn't it integrate better by using the global color
>> scheme?
>>
>> This has always irked me as well.  Panels and window decorations
>> are the most visible parts of KDE; they should always be using the
>> global color scheme.
>
> Then how would one go about making nice Plasma themes :D

Well, "nice" is a question of taste, and there is no argument about
matters of taste.  However, this thread started with questions about
accessibility.

IAC, you do it by either making it optional like it is in KDE-3:

	Configure-KDE Panel KCM: Appearance:

	Colorize to match the desktop color scheme

or offering some Plasma themes that take their colors from the selected
style color scheme.

Not a big deal, but some people really want this feature and some that
are disabled actually need this feature.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch