Kuickshow in KDE4

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Jun 6 20:02:39 BST 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 06 June 2009 12:46:42 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> but there has
>>
>>> been a slow, steady stream of improvements over the last two years.
>> Change log doesn't indicate that, but ... .
>>
>> Apparently after being missing since Aug 2001, Carsten Pfeiffer has
>> started working on it again, but don't know when.
>
> I'm told there have been 64 commits in the last two years.

It appears, according to the log, that it was first ported to KDE-4
mostly by "mlaurent" and then CP started working on it again: r834626
2008-07-19, and the port was completed Mon, 11 May 2009.  So, we now
have a Beta that uses Imlib[1].

I would guess that it will remain as ExtraGear since KDE already has two
image viewers and it would need a new GUI to conform to the HIG.

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch