Bookmarks in KDE4 konsole

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 1 10:16:33 BST 2009

On Monday 01 June 2009 07:34:33 Klaus Layer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> recently I made the switch to KDE 4.2.2 with kubuntu. I use bookmarks in
> Konsole and have a lot of commands stored in bookmarks especially ssh
> connections to remote hosts with special parameters like
>
> ssh -X -C -t -p 34526 user at host.domaine '/usr/bin/screen -D -R'.
>
> With KDE4 these bookmarks no longer work. Is there something I am missing?
> How can a I use these bookmarks with the new konsole?

Hi, Klaus.  It's certainly possible to use bookmarks for remote connections, I
use a 'ssh -X' one.  However, there are a number of components to your
command.  It might be useful to create a text list of all the commands you
use for reference, then try to tie down just what konsole is choking on.
Start with a bare login, then add the other parameters one at a time until
you find what is and isn't possible.  Once you have done that, report back
and someone may be able to help you with a work-around.

Anne