Problem with middle mouse button in KDE

Dennis dennismail at gmx.net
Fri Jul 31 18:00:46 BST 2009

Hi,

thanks for your answer - I want to give my answer to it.

> All that information (thanks) but you failed to explain what the STRG key
> is!  Never-the-less, google to the rescue, and it seems safe to say,
> that's German for the CTRL aka control key. =:^)

Sorry - I was used that much to it that I forgot I use a german keyboard.

> To answer your question, I don't believe it's possible to configure mouse
> combinations that way.  KDE's "hotkey" mapping seems not so powerful in
> that regard.

Oh, this is an important point. Nevertheless, I want to add that it has to be
possible. The reason for this is: Before I reinstalled the whole system, I
made an upgrade from Kubuntu 8.04 (KDE 3) to 9.04 (KDE 4) - and after rebootng
the system, I both did get an KDE 4 desktop and working key bindings. I know
that this may also be related to some of Ubuntu' s known technology, but it
was working - I saw it on my own laptop.

And also, I can switch the cube on with <CTRL>-<F11> (default settings)... I
also tried to only use 2 keys (eg <CTRL>+<LeftMouse>), but no single button of
my mouse was recognizes. So the question is: What goes wrong here? I doubt
that it' s a general question, because I can left-click on things in my KDE 4
desktop, so the first step would be to find out why left mouse button is not
taken at all for ANY (!) key binding function.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Michael