What's the official status of 3.5.x, anyway?

Irving Leonard irving.lp at feestudiantes.cujae.edu.cu
Tue Jul 28 17:44:20 BST 2009

> FWIW, I don't have a printer.  I deal with most things on-screen, and if
> I /had/ to, I could take whatever needed printed to be printed elsewhere,
> so I don't have to worry about the issue you seem to be having.  I'll
> probably get another printer someday, but it's not going to be inkjet
> (laser printer most likely), it's unlikely to be in this economy, and it
> seems I always find other, more important stuff (like a netbook shortly
> before the tanked economy, and a $150-ish upgrade to an r500 generation
> Radeon x1950 from the r200 based 9200 I'm running now, as soon as I can
> scrape up the money) to spend my money on.  So a printer's not even on my
> worry list at all, ATM.

I'm guessing here but maybe I can help you. It seems that you're using the
openradeon driver, because the ati drivers works with 9600 and newers. I
already post some issues in the kubuntu mailing list about the openradeon and
kde4. It have huge problems, making a simple action like hovering over a mail
in kmail consumes over 80% of CPU power. I get no answer, try some tweaks in
xorg with no results and that was a show stopper for me, I had to return to
kde3. I use a Mobility Radeon 9000IGP (misdetected by the kernel as 9100) and
a Celeron at 2.8Ghz with 512MB RAM. I try the same kde4 in a similar but
Intel powered graphics computer and worked just fine, even when the Intel
chip (GPU) have fewer graphic features. So I guess there are major issues
with kde4 and the radeon driver.
regards
irving

Participe en Universidad 2010, del 8 al 12 de febrero de 2010
La Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2010.cu

SEGUNDO SEMINARIO INTERNACIONAL LEGADO Y DIVERSIDAD. ARQUITECTURA Y URBANISMO.

El rescate de los valores urbanos y arquitectónicos en tiempos de globalización

Colegio de San Gerónimo, La Habana Vieja, noviembre 24-27, 2009