KDE 3 users: What are the last of the KDE 3 features missing from KDE 4?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Jul 18 23:19:40 BST 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 17 Jul 2009 07:04:55 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Anne Wilson wrote:

>>> You do know, of course, that right-clicking on the entry in kickof then
>>> Add to Panel is a simple answer?
>> Sorry to say that that doesn't work either.  Actually, you can't use
>> right click to add menu items (apps) to the Panel either.
>>
> I did say 'kickoff' menu - and you have been able to add applications to the
> panel by this method since 4.0

I can "Add to Favorites" but not to a Panel.  This might be my desktop
configuration.  I have more than one Panel.  With KDE3 your could still
add to the "Main Panel" but with Plasma, I don't think that there is a
"Main Panel" -- they all seem to be equal except for Z order.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch