Is there a way to get a kde3 color scheme into kde4?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 16 19:32:01 BST 2009

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>
>> This is no more a "design error" than not being able to get full quality
>> from resampling a 22kHz sound to 44kHz.
>
> I fail to see what re sampling has to do with backward compatibility.

KDE3 = 22 kHz
KDE4 = needs "true" 44 kHz to function properly

> Failure to consider backward compatibility is, by definition, a design
> error.

See what Lydia wrote. KDE3 color schemes lack the information to make a
fully capable KDE4 color scheme (because KDE4 has many more color
roles). If being able to use KDE3 schemes with full fidelity had been a
design requirement, we wouldn't be able to move forward.

--
Matthew
Don't read this. What did I just tell you? Why are you still reading?