kde4 kmail on MS?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Jul 16 09:38:31 BST 2009

Does anyone know how kde4 kmail is, or if it is yet, on MS Windows?

There's someone looking for a new mail client on my ISP.  (They hate OE.
=:^)  Is it working well enough to recommend, yet?  How does it stand up
to some of the traditional stuff, (Qualcomm) Eudora, Mozilla Thunderbird,
etc?  How does it compare to the kde-on-xorg version?

I won't touch proprietaryware (including MS) with a 3 meter pole myself,
but if kmail's worth running on MS, maybe a recommendation now will make
it easier for them to switch to freedomware sometime in the future.  And
if the interface, etc is similar enough so I can help them if necessary,
so much the better.

One more (compound) question.  How are the dependencies?  Probably qt and
kdelibs dlls?  Anything else?  Are they compiled in as static libs, or
installed as dlls?  And does it automatically use whatever color scheme
they've set on MS Windows, or its own, or???