[KDE4.1.3]: No graphic login ... KDE3 works

Hans Muecke kde at 4077th-mash.net
Tue Jan 13 20:56:19 GMT 2009

Howdy friends,

Fired up my machine after work today ... at login I put in my name and pw.
KDE4 starts (I can see the splash screen) and at a certain point the screen
goes black and I am back at login.
>From konsole I can do a startx as user and I can start a KDE3 session. I have
no idea what might have happened between shutdown this morning and startup
tonite. I think I have read something abouit the returning to the login
screen, but I can't find it anymore and google isn't of real help ...

Any ideas?
--
Talk to you later ... Hans (241 to go)

2009/01/13 19:50
EDDS 131950Z VRB01KT CAVOK M05/M08 Q1015 NOSIG