[kde] kde konsole color settings in terminal

mark markkicks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 22:30:36 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
<bss at iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> On Monday 2009 January 12 15:35:08 mark wrote:
>>i am using kde konsole, and i am getting weird output for colors, for
>>example for git log i get the following output
>>
>>git log
>>ESC[33mcommit 8b918256d944221f741e5d7300873810e31466a6ESC[m
>
> Looks like konsole isn't interpreting the color codes.  However, it also looks
> like git doesn't use termcap/terminfo/etc. to determine the correct way to
> write colors for your terminal and just defaults to ANSI.
>
> Do you get odd output from:
> grep --color=always o <<< foo
> or are the "o"s properly colored red?
[mark at localhost blue]$ grep --color=always o <<< foo
foo

yes the oo s are colored yellow.

>>settings in my bash and git.
>>
>>export | grep -i term
>>declare -x TERM="xterm-256color"
>
> So you have a /usr/share/terminfo/k/konsole-256color file?  If so, it might be
> better to use TERM="konsole-256color".
i do not have that file you specify.
I have only these
ls /usr/share/terminfo/k/*
/usr/share/terminfo/k/kon  /usr/share/terminfo/k/kon2

> I never use 256 color mode, so I'm not clear on how that works.  However, what
> git is outputting look more like ANSI 16-color codes.
>
> Does this work as you expect in other terminal applications (like rxvt or
> xterm or gnome-terminal) with the same settings for TERM?
no, it is not working on gnome-terminal or xterm. i do not have rxvt.
i even tried with TERM=xterm.

still the same problem!!
i am running on kde 4.1.3, fedora 10 latest updates.

i am getting good colors on vim.

i like git colors, help me out!
thanks a lot!