Solved: Re: KDE4 : Association of file types to applications

Guido Pinkernell guido.pinkernell at gmx.de
Sat Jan 10 10:50:34 GMT 2009

Thanks, all, for your feedback.

This obviously is an opensuse specific problem. In the KDE packages from the
opensuse distro, the only place where filetypes.desktop (and other modules)
can be found is kde4-konqueror. I had that deinstalled because I am very happy
with dolphin alone.

Reinstalled kde4-konqueror, and there it is: systemsettings > advanced >
filetype association.

Thanks again

Guido