Question about KDE 4.2

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Wed Jan 7 12:08:51 GMT 2009

David Carlos Manuelda wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 January 2009 12:54:42 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> David Carlos Manuelda wrote:
>>> Thanks for the explanation, this answers half of my question but there
>>> are still a few problems which I don't really know where they come from.
>>> Whe having drawing related issues I understand what is the cause but for
>>> example, the delay when you click K menu until it is drawn (until, not
>>> while) for 1 or 2 secs + the delay when you click exit until the "logout
>>> window" comes up, another 2 secs + the delay when you click some option
>>> (reboot, logout, shutdown) until it is proccessed, another 2 secs.
>> In System Settings, disable the sounds in the "Notifications" dialog :P
>>   After I did this, the delays went away.

> I'll try that.. in that case, it could be a bug in solid management of sound
> arch.. could somebody test this as well?

It was not a bug here.  It was just that sound wasn't working for me,
but KDE was still playing the sounds even though I couldn't hear them
and I needed to wait for them to play to the end.  By default, there
were sounds while clicking the K menu, maximizing windows, opening
folders and logging out.  Yeah, sounds stupid, but that was the problem
here.  Of course this might have nothing to do with your situation.

What graphics driver are you using and did you try the EXA setting?