Video player

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Wed Jan 7 09:01:52 GMT 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2009/1/7 Marcelo Magno T. Sales <mmtsales at gmail.com>:
>> Agree. It also depends on the situation. Personally, I like Dragon
>> Player the way it is for when I want to quick view media files. When I
>> click an audio file, for example, I like it better if Dragon Player
>> opens and quickly starts playing the file with its simple interface.
>> Amarok is too heavy for just playing a single file and it is slow to
>> start. However, if I want to browse/listen to my music collection, then
>> of course I will run Amarok and not Dragon Player.
>>

> So what is the "full featured" video player for KDE 4?

I guess it differs from person to person according to his/her needs.  To
me, it's SMPlayer (both in KDE as well as in MS Windows).  But many
people don't really need all those "features" and prefer something
simpler.  (SMPlayer is front-end of mplayer, so you can guess the myriad
of things supported by it.)