KDE apps and IR remote controls

Francisco Borges francisco.borges at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 13:07:00 GMT 2009

Hello,

Yesterday I got this remote control configured to work with LIRC (not
sure if it is Linux specific...).

How should I proceed to add support for KDE applications (I have
4.2-Beta2 installed). I have been trying to use irxevent to send
commands to X11 but so far I haven't had success.

Are there KDE apps with native support for LIRC?

How should I proceed to add support for KDE apps?

I know I could use some modal system with irexec, but having to
manually select which application I'll send commands to, sounds
counter productive.

Kind regards,
--
Francisco