I want KDE3 task bar behaviour

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Fri Feb 27 15:25:41 GMT 2009

>>> In KDE 4, this behaviour is no longer the default (the task bar stays
>>> invisible), and I haven't found a way to switch it on.  How can I
>>> reactivate this?  Or has this feature been dropped?  This would be a
>>> reason to file a big, fat bug report
>
> Which KDE 4.x are you using?

4.2 with openSuSE 11.1, everything updated today from
KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop.

> Taskbar hiding was not available before 4.2.

`Available'?  This somehow indicates that I can the feature back.
How?  In case this my assumption is true, I wasn't able to find it...

    Werner

PS: BTW, the update today made my KDE noticeably slower!  After
    switching virtual desktops it takes more than half a second until,
    say, a kconsole window is completely `active'.  Very strange.
    Hopefully, this gets fixed soon.  Compared to my openSuSE 10.3
    (with KDE 4.1.3), my whole system -- on the same computer -- is
    really much, much slower, even before today's worsening.  Sigh.