print screen key to launch ksnapshot

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Tue Feb 24 19:27:46 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009 05:12:34 Kishore wrote:

> > > Naah.. That must have had been the KDE or the distribution defined
> > > default shortcut in earlier versions. It could well be the default now
> > > too... So maybe
> > > nobody remembered to do so... :)
> > > --
> >
> > <snip>
> > My first guess is that it was a KDE default There isn't much in Slackware
> > that ever gets changed unless it is absolutely necessary. That has always
> > been the case and I don't see any reason for Pat or anyone else to change
> > anything so trivial for any reason.
>
> It must have had been a distribution setting after all since khotkeys comes
> from kdebase and is always installed while ksnapshot is part of kdegraphics
> which is an optional package.
Whatever, I would advise anyone upgrading to kde 4X to start with a brand
shiney new ~/.kde directory.

I don't rememmber when the upgrade from kde 2 to 3. I probably was frying
installs and jumping distros regularly so it wouldn't have mattered, but I have
been traveling through new installs with my home directory all through kde 3
and retained contents and settings the whole time.

After this past week's experience it is quite clear that the kde 4 aps have
changed to the point that trying to run them with old rc and other config files
may be problematic and it is better to rename the old ~/.kde and let kde -4 and
it's aps create everything new. Then if I want something like my old bookmarks
I just copy them into the new ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror directory.

A bit arduous for a newbie but a newbie wouldn't be carrying around a /home
that needs a good garage sale ;^}
--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Written on Sweetmorn, the 56th of Chaos, 3175
http://turtlespond.net
http://rickmiles.com.au