up arrow in dolphin

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Tue Feb 24 06:43:56 GMT 2009

Rick Miles wrote:
>   On Tuesday 24 February 2009 15:45:42 Kishore wrote:
>  > On Tuesday 24 Feb 2009 9:48:08 am Rick Miles wrote:
>  > > Now maybe you could tell me how I can do a keybinding for KSnapshot and
>  > > PrintScreen. This was default in KDE3.5. I have found nothing in the
>  > > KSnapshot manual. I tip on google said to use Country Regional
> Settings -
>  > > Keyboard Layout but I have found nothing there that looks like a
>  > > candidate.
>  >
>  > Go to System Settings -> Input Actions.
>  >
>  > Right click on the left pane and select "New Global Shortcut ->
>  > Command/URL". Set the Trigger - Shortcut to "print screen" key and the
>  > Action - Command/URL to "ksnapshot".
>  >
>  > HTH.
> You guts are both wizards I've never had to set those things before.
> Maybe you work for the company :^)

Heh, nope.

Btw, Ctrl+PrintScrn works even without KSnapshot.  When you press it, a
desktop screenshot (without invoking KSnapshot) is placed on your
clipboard.  Simply use "Paste" (or Ctrl+V) on a folder view or in
Dolphin to save the image in a file.  You will be asked for a filename
and image format.