[4.2.0] Notifications aren't working

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Tue Feb 17 20:20:57 GMT 2009

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> [...] using Qt 4.5.0 RC1.  However, I'm facing a problem.
> Notifications/events don't seem to be working.  For example, if I set up
> various notifications in System Settings (like for example playing a
> sound when minimizing windows or a pop-up when switching desktops),
> nothing happens.  No sound, no pop-up.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  I've just downgraded to Qt 4.4.2
and re-emerged all packages depending on it (directly or indirectly).

Notifications are working now.  However, I get all the old bugs again,
including the highly annoying font rendering bug:

   http://i43.tinypic.com/afejva.png

As you can imagine, a DE that renders fonts like this is not much fun :(

I hope KDE 4.2.1 will at least try to be Qt 4.5 compatible, not only
because of the bugs but also because some people need it for things
other than KDE.